According to user feedback, Sony has now started pushing the major version of Android 13 to some of its flagships. At the moment, at least three products released in 2021 will receive the upgrade. The three models are included
- Xperia Pro-I (XQ-BE72) 61.2.F.0.147
- Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC72) 61.2.A.0.382
- Xperia 5 III (XQ-BQ72) 61.2.A.0.381
At the beginning of November this year, Sony announced that it would be pushing the Android 13 update to the Xperia 1 IV and Xperia 5 IV flagship models. Te Sony Xperia 1 III comes with the Snapdragon 888 processor. It uses a 6.5-inch 21:9 4K HDR OLED display and supports a screen refresh rate of 120 Hz. The starting price of this device is between 8499 yuan ($1219) and 9499 yuan ($1362). Sony Xperia 5 III is also equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor. This device comes with a 6.1-inch HDR OLED 21:9 120Hz high refresh display. The initial starting price of this device is 6599 Yuan.
Other mobile phones will get Android 13
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G now gets Android 13/One UI 5.0
The Chinese version of the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G has recently started pushing the official version of Android 13 / One UI 5.0. This update brings a number of new features and improvements, including visual design, smooth controls, better blur effects, custom lock screens, and more. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G users can now install the Android 13 update on their mobile phones by going to Settings – Software update and tap Download and install.
Samsung One UI 5.0 brings an innovative UI design, with expanded color palette features. It also makes menu settings and notification design easy. Samsung has improved all built-in apps to add more features and better UI design. The update also improves the phone’s performance, privacy, and security.
The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G comes with an Exynos 1280 chip and is built with a 5nm process. The phone also supports the RAM Plus feature which can add up to 8 GB of virtual running memory. This device uses a 6.5-inch FHD+ resolution Super AMOLED display with a maximum brightness of 800nits. It also supports a 120 Hz refresh rate. The Galaxy A53 measures 74.8 x 159.6 x 8.1 mm, weighs 189 grams and supports IP67 water and dust resistance. The machine has a built-in 5000mAh battery, supports 25W fast charging and pre-installs One UI 4.1 on top of Android 12.
Asus Zenfone 9 is now getting an Android 13 update
Asus Zenfone 9, a small screen mobile phone, was officially released on July 28. This device now receives the new Android 13 update. The Asus Zenfone 9 comes with a 5.9-inch display and the starting price is about 5,500 yuan ($789). The Zenfone 9 is now being upgraded to Android 13 and it’s the first mobile phone from Asus to get Android 13.
Gizchina News of the week
The Asus ZenFone 9 Android 13 system version number is 33.0804.2060.65. Users of this series can check for updates via Settings > System > System update.
Update change list
- Updates smart housekeeper, contacts, phone, emergency call, file manager, computer, clock, gallery, weather, recording, settings, one-key switch and local backup. It also upgrades other apps in the system.
- Adapts to Android 13 quick settings panel, notification bar and volume panel style, new music player and sound output panel design
- The system adds a notification permission feature. You can go to the app and notification settings to adjust each app’s permission.
- Adds automatic deletion and editing functions to the system clipboard
- Adds a QR code scan option for the security and lock screen settings. It also adds a new option to manage settings through unlocked devices
- System color matching can be switched automatically based on time
- Adjust vibration and haptic feedback strength settings. Also adjusts the display and font size settings, and the length and width of the navigation bar for system gestures
- Set the phone’s lock screen number as the native mechanism. The phone and SMS are synchronized
- Remove the talk time settings from the phone
- Desktop and style settings add theme color option for icon app. It also offers more color combinations
- Add link l quick share feature on ASUS desktop
- Added System Preferences – a selection of commonly used personalized settings that allow users to apply them with one click
- Remove the calm and elegant style in the power button menu style setting. Also adds a view item management setting to control the number of buttons
- Adjusts the design of the keypad and contact detail pages in the Phone app to clearly display more information
- WW-33.0804.2060.65 This software does not contain JP version users and does not support NFC / FeliCa technology
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 13
- Occasionally (Teams) connect after making a video call, but can’t display your own screen
- (SkyLeap) The download prompt is not compatible.
- (NBA 2K mobile basketball game) Download not compatible
- Occasionally the game crashes while playing Pokemon GO
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra receives Android 13/One UI 5.0
According to netizen’s feedback, the Chinese version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Bank is already getting the official version of Android 13/OneUI 5. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra users can now install the Android 13 update on their mobile phones by going to Settings – Software update and tap Download and install.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra comes with a Snapdragon 865 Plus octa-core chip. This SoC was a flagship chip at the time this device was launched. On the back, this device comes with a 108MP wide angle lens, a 12MP ultra wide angle lens and a 12MP telephoto lens. It supports autofocus, 5x optical zoom, 50x super high resolution zoom, laser AF sensor, OIS anti-shake and other functions. On the front is a 10MP shooter. This device also comes with one Battery with a capacity of 4500 mAh.