In Minecraft, players can easily find and connect with each other using their username. Since the Bedrock edition of the game supports cross-platform multiplayer, users can even find friends playing the sandbox title on another device.
Players can change their username whenever they want. However, the process can be somewhat tricky in Bedrock Edition as it is available on different devices.
Steps to change Minecraft Bedrock Edition username on Windows/Xbox, PlayStation, Android/iOS and Nintendo Switch
If you are using a Windows or Xbox device, you can change your username using the Xbox application.
Basically, you just need to change the gamertag on your Microsoft account. Here are all the steps to do this:
- Open the Xbox app.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Settings.
- Find the Change Gamertag option next to your current gamertag. Click here.
- A website appears in the browser prompting you to sign in to your Microsoft account. Make sure you sign in to the account you used to purchase Bedrock Edition.
- After logging in, you can enter your new gamertag.
If you’re using PlayStation, you’ll need to change your Online ID to change your username in Minecraft Bedrock Edition. You can also change your online ID from a web browser. Here are all the steps to do this:
- On your PlayStation, go to Settings.
- Find and select Account management.
- Open account details.
- Choose a profile.
- Find Online ID.
- The console prompts you to save any unsaved game files before changing the Online ID.
- Just go ahead and change your Online ID.
Players on Android or iOS can also change their username by changing their Microsoft account gamertag. However, the method is slightly different.
Here are all the steps to change your username on mobile devices:
- Open the game on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Profile.
- Find and click the Change Gamertag button.
- A web browser will open asking you to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- If you’re already signed in, an Xbox page opens where you can change your gamertag.
Nintendo Switch players can change their username by changing their profile name. Here are all the steps to do this:
- Tap the profile icon on the Nintendo Switch home screen.
- Select your profile.
- Click the pencil icon next to your profile name and write your new username.
These are all the methods to change someone’s username in Minecraft Bedrock Edition on different platforms.