Apple plans to release a range of new products in 2023, including updated MacBook Pros, a new Mac Pro, an updated full-size HomePod and new iPhone models in the fall, according to reliable Bloomberg journalist Mark Gurman and various reports and rumours.
2023 is expected to be a busy year for Apple, with the main star of the year being the company’s upcoming AR/VR headset. Apple has reportedly shifted much of its resources to work on the new product, leaving other products with a less than exciting year ahead of them. Here’s what we expect to see for every product in Apple’s lineup in 2023:
- MacBook Pros: Refreshed 14-inch and 16-inch models with M2 Pro and M2 Max chips are expected to be announced in the first half of this year. No major design updates are expected given the redesign announced in October 2021.
- Macpro: An all-new Mac Pro with an M2 Ultra chip is in the works, with no design changes compared to the current 2019 model. Unlike the current Intel-based version, the new Mac Pro will not have user-upgradable RAM as it is bound directly into the M2 Ultra.
- iMac Pro and iMac: A new high-end all-in-one Mac desktop is “on and off” Apple’s roadmap, according to Gurman. An iMac Pro is unlikely to arrive in 2023, but an updated 24-inch iMac with M3 could arrive later in the year.
- MacBook Air: An update to the M2 MacBook Air, announced in June, remains unlikely this year. However, for 2023, Gurman says Apple plans to add a larger 15-inch MacBook Air to the Mac lineup. Gurman also notes that a 12-inch MacBook “is no longer on Apple’s near-term roadmap.”
- Mac mini: A new Mac mini with M2 Pro and M2 Max chip options is expected in 2023. Some rumors suggest it will have the same design as the current model with M1 and the Intel-based Mac mini currently in the lineup, will replace.
- iPad: The entry-level iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad may receive minor spec updates this year, but no major design or hardware changes are expected. The iPad Pro won’t see any new updates in 2023, following the minor spec bump with M2 last October. All-new 11-inch and 13-inch iPad Pros with OLED displays are expected in the first half of 2024.
- Apple Watch: The Apple Watch Series 9 and the second-generation Apple Watch Ultra are expected in September, along with the new iPhones. According to Gurman, the Apple Watch won’t get any major hardware updates this year, with only minor performance upgrades.
- AirPods: AirPods won’t see major updates this year. The second-generation AirPods Pro was announced in September and no updates are expected for now.
- Apple TV and HomePod: A new Apple TV isn’t expected in 2023, but a new full-size HomePod is. According to Gurman, the new HomePod will have the same design as the previous full-size model, but with a lower price, a new processor and a new touch control panel on the top.
- AR/VR headset: After years of rumours, 2023 is the year Apple is seemingly ready to announce its long-awaited AR/VR headset. The upcoming headset is rumored to be announced this spring for WWDC in June and is expected to be called “Reality Pro”. The headset will be a high-end and niche product, costing between $2,000 and $3,000.
- iPhone: The iPhone 15 lineup due for September will feature four models, including two standard models and two high-end models. All models of the iPhone 15 range are expected to include Dynamic Island and USB-C. The more expensive iPhone 15 models have a titanium frame and solid-state haptic touch volume buttons.
Apple just broke a tradition it’s held for 21 years
Apple last week broke a 21-year tradition by not releasing new Macs in the fourth quarter of the year for the first time since 2000, as previously anticipated devices such as the next-generation MacBook Pro and Mac Pro models apparently have been relegated to this year. Historically, Apple launched at least one new Mac model every year in the fourth quarter that runs between…
iPhone 15 Pro is expected later this year with these 6 exclusive features
Apple’s next-generation iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to be announced in September as usual. Rumors already suggest that the devices will have at least six exclusive features not available on the standard iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus. An overview of the six features claimed to be exclusive to iPhone 15 Pro models:A17 chip: iPhone 15 Pro models will be equipped with an A17…
iOS 16.3 has only two new features so far
Apple released the first beta version of iOS 16.3 in mid-December, and so far only two new features and changes have been discovered in the upcoming software update, including support for hardware security keys as a two-factor authentication option for Apple ID accounts and a new prompt for the transferring music playback from an iPhone to a HomePod. iOS 16.3 should be in the…
Apple’s 2023 roadmap: When can you expect new product launches this year?
Apple is reportedly planning to launch at least 10 Apple devices this year, with new product releases seemingly planned for each quarter of the year. After months of rumors surrounding many of Apple’s upcoming devices, we’ve gathered information from a variety of sources to create a preliminary roadmap for the company’s launch plans this year. The time frames below are based on information from…
AMD claims new laptop chip is 30% faster than M1 Pro, promises up to 30 hours of battery life
At CES this week, AMD announced a lineup of new chips for notebooks and desktop computers, with the notable announcement being the company’s new AMD Ryzen 7040 processor series for ultra-thin notebooks that will compete with Apple’s M1 Pro and M2 chips. The AMD Ryzen 7040 series chips are “ultra-thin” processors based on the 4nm process, and the most advanced chip part of the family is the …
First deals of the year arrive for Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra with best-ever prices on Amazon
It’s been weeks since we’ve tracked solid discounts on the Apple Watch Series 8, and today Amazon introduced the first such deals for 2023. Below are sales on both 41mm and 45mm Apple Watch Series 8 models, as well as a few Apple Watch Ultra markdowns. Apple Watch Series 8 Starting with the 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 8, you can get the PRODUCT(RED) Aluminum version for $349.00,…
Kuo: Apple is no longer planning to launch iPhone SE 4 next year
According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple has informed suppliers that it has canceled plans to release a fourth-generation iPhone SE in 2024. Kuo previously said the fourth-generation iPhone SE would be canceled or delayed, but he now firmly believes the device has been cancelled. In a post to Medium today, Kuo said Apple was planning to introduce its first internal 5G chip in…
Google urges Apple not to ‘drop the ball’ in fixing messages in new Billboard Pushing RCS
Google continues its #GetTheMessage campaign to convince Apple to adopt the RCS messaging protocol, this time with a large New Year’s themed ad in Las Vegas’ Harmon Corner. The digital billboard urges Apple not to “drop the ball” in fixing its “pixelated photos and videos.”