If you are a fan of karaoke, then you want to know how to use Apple Music Sing on iPhone with iOS 16.2. Apple has introduced the new feature to the built-in Music app, making the real-time lyrics of a tune even more fun. Good news given the time of year – after all, everyone likes to sing along.
Apple Music Sing is available for tens of millions of songs and is definitely worth a try. It’s super easy to access, the lyrics are clearly positioned for easy duets and, best of all, you can turn down a song’s vocals to better hear your own voice! It’s this last Apple Music Sing feature that we love the most, putting this sing-along feature ahead of Spotify’s karaoke mode.
Apple Music Sing is part of Apple Music, Apple’s subscription music service. But what if you don’t pay the $10.99 monthly Apple Music fee? Well, you can find out how to get apple music for free to give it a try. You can also find out why is Apple Music better value than Spotify.
How to Use Apple Music Sing on iPhone with iOS 16.2
Apple Music Sing is available on iPhone 11 and later, including iPhone SE 2022.
1. First, Install iOS 16.2 or later on your iPhone – find out how to update an iPhone if you are not sure – then open the Music app and tap the Search icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. utilities Select Sing from the category list (this is the easiest way to make sure a song will be compatible with Apple Music Sing, but you can manually search for any song you like – millions of songs will work. Just skip straight to step four if you do this).
3. Scroll down and select one of the song playlists.
4. utilities pick a song what you would like to sing along with and tap the melody at the bottom of the screen so that it is fully displayed on your iPhone’s screen.
5. Tap the lyrics button located in the lower left corner of the screen. If you tap play to hear the song, you can follow it beat-by-beat and sing along.
6. But here’s the magic. Tap and hold the Apple Sing icon. It looks like a microphone.
7. While doing this you are able to adjust the voice volume. Sliding down will decrease the loudness of the vocals, and sliding up will increase it. To hear yourself sing better, slide it down.
8. If a song is a duet, that’s what you do see one singer’s vocals on the left and the other singer’s vocals on the right.
9. Now have the time of your life and sing! Turn off Apple Sing: tap the slider so that it turns gray.
And there you go. You now know how to use the new Apple Music Sing feature.
We have a range of other helpful guides to help you get the most out of your iPhone. Upgrading to a new iPhone? Learn how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone and how to transfer everything safely. iPhone a bit slow? Learn how to clear RAM on iPhone to give it a little spruce up. Contact book is full? Here’s a guide on how to delete multiple contacts on iPhone so you can clean up quickly. Drop your phone in the toilet? Quickly learn how to eject water from an iPhone! Is your iPhone 14 Pro’s battery life bad? Learn how to remove the wallpaper from your iPhone 14 Pro’s Always On Display as it can help your phone last longer when it’s on a charge.